Networking Conversations with Recommenders
Recommenders are people who can facilitate a meeting between you and one or more hiring decision maker via an introduction or recommendation, or by passing along your resume. Here are several questions to ask recommenders after you've shared your 30-second elevator pitch.
- Could you review my resume, point out any problem areas, or share suggestions for how it might be improved?
- What is missing in my resume that would make me a better candidate for the businesses you’re familiar with?
- Which capabilities or experiences would you suggest that I emphasize when I’m talking to the hiring decision makers you know?
- Would you be willing to deliver my resume and cover letter to any hiring decision maker you know?
- Would you be willing to introduce me to any hiring decision maker you know, either directly or via email?